05 January 2013

An Introduction of Sorts?

I have long drooled over pen pal and mail art blogs and deep down thought, "that would be fun to have one"... A new year is as good as any to start. I am sure it'll be slow to start due to a missing cable for my digital camera. It'll turn up, I am sure or i'll cave in and buy a new one.  :)  So, please do not abandon me yet! I am sure as the year goes on i'll become more and more active on here. And in time I am sure my blog will look less generic in design as I learn how to customize better. hehe.

So, who is this Sarnobyl person? 

I like lists, so I'll do a list.

* My name is Sarah Marie.  I have two first names due to a mess up with the State in regards to my divorce paperwork about 4 1/2 years ago.  They took my middle name of Marie and added it as a second first name. I thought this was hilarious in a twisted sort of way, so I never changed it.

* I am 33 years old and will turn 34 in exactly 3 weeks.  I do not feel at all like I am in my 30's nor am a "typical" thirty-something.

* I do not have any kids nor plan to.  It's just not for me.  I do have a pet dog named Chewy.  He's going to be 8 next month and is my baby.  I love him more than most people.

* I work full time at a call center.  It has its ups and downs, but I can read and write between calls.

* I live in a town called Janesville, Wisconsin.  It's pretty boring here and way too conservative for my liking.  I went to New Orleans, Louisiana last year on vacation and feel head over heels in love with it there.  For the first time, I felt like I belonged somewhere.  I am saving up to move there.

* I have been pen paling since I can remember. It's my favorite thing to do in the world. To me, my pen pals are my REAL friends, not just words on paper. I also swap high quality slams as well.  Am I looking for more pen pals?  I wouldn't mind a few more creative long letter pen pals at this time. :)

* Other things I love:  reading, writing, traveling (I am going to The Netherlands next summer for a big slam swappers meet up!!), watching stuff on Netflix, Anthropology, music, concerts, summer, thunderstorms, deco tape, garden gnomes, kawaii stationery, the French Quarter, The Marigny & Treme neighborhoods of New Orleans are fabulous as well and so much more. I am very eclectic in my tastes.

* My contact information:
            * Facebook
            * digitalodonata at yahoo dot com
            * instagram: sarnobyl

* If you want to ask me anything, please do. :)

 I am so happy it's the weekend, especially after a rough day at work yesterday.  In a little bit I am going to go pick up my mail at the post office. 
 
Hopefully when I open it up, it will be full!  I am thinking of stopping by Hobby Lobby as I have a little bit leftover from a gift card there.  I need to stay away from Michael's as the last two trips there I loaded up on Washi tape.  I do not need any more deco or washi tape.  It's an addiction.  Is there Deco Tape Anonymous? haha.   

Here is the haul from Thursday:

Thank you to my Facebook for this photo that I took with Instagram.

I will have to take a photo of the haul from yesterday and then what I get at Hobby Lobby later on.

After some non-fun errands of paying my cell phone bill and grocery shopping. I plan to work on some mail. I got pretty lazy over the past few weeks as winter tends to depress me a bit.  Oh how I loathe snow! 

TOO MUCH SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, alas, I feel like writing all day while I watch Netflix. I am currently addicted to watching TV shows on Netflix. I just got through all the seasons of "Nip/Tuck" which was fabulously twisted.  Now I just finished up season 1 of "Bones".  Great show. :)

Have a great weekend, lovelies!  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment