10 January 2013

I'm alive! ALIVE!!



I have been out for the count a good portion of the week.  I woke up Monday morning with a stomach bug, so I stayed home from work.  Unlike my co-workers do when ill.  I swear, the office (a.k.a cubicle farm) I work in is a cesspool of whatever is going around.  People go in sick and yes, get sick at their desk.  Yeah, it's rough when you don't have vacation time. I've been there, but to me, I would NOT want to get my co-workers ill, because I figure: there's someone less fortunate than I that cannot get ill due to financial reasons or other things.  And, to get better faster: stay home and rest!  Okay, i'll end my rant.

My day off, I slept, watched a few movies on OnDemand:  "In Time", "The Other Boleyn Girl" & "Hysteria".. Both were excellent, but I loved the book of The Other Boleyn Girl much better.   I also finished one letter.  I was back to work on Tuesday and feel loads better.  I haven't gotten a whole lot of mail this week. A few beautiful letters and slam swaps.  Which always makes me happy.

Tonight, I am going to finish a letter I started at work whilst watching "Bones" on DVD.

Something I am curious about (and I'll answer this in my next post), of you, dearest readers of this blog:

What are your pen pal-related pet peeves?  It doesn't matter who small or even how catty it is: What drives you nuts when it comes to pen paling? 

Also, thank you very much for becoming a follower. <3 I am hoping this will shape up to be an interesting blog.

6 comments:

  1. What drives me nuts when it comes to penpalling?! Hmm... Well, I think copy and pasted letters do! I got a few of them in the past and well it wasn't one bit fun!

    I am a new follower and I like your blog to bits! :) Ah, feel free to follow me at http://littlecornerofmyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like those at all either! I do not mind typed letters as sometimes people have horrid handwriting and sometimes there's just so much to say. But cut and pasted ones suck. And it's OBVIOUS when people do that!

      Thank your for following my blog. :) I added yours to my reading list. :)

      Delete
  2. What drives me bonkers is when pals say "sorry so short... I really wanna get this letter to you" -.- It makes me feel like the only reason they're sending it is to get my letter in return! On top of the fact... they didn't acknowledge anything in my letter....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That also ties into my one page non-personal letter thing. I can't stand that either! I know not all letters will be insanely long, sometimes there's just not much going on. But there's also OTHERS things to talk about. Current events, dreams, wishes, plans, etc... I can always find stuff to write about.

      Delete
  3. What drives me nuts when it comes to penpalling:
    -people who write "diary-like" letters (letters that only are about themselves, no comments on what I wrote, no questions and even sometimes no answers to my questions)
    -penpals collectors. I mean, I don't mind if someone has 60 penpals, if (s)he has time to write decent letters to everyone. But those who write you short letters because "I don't have time to write long letters to everyone" - I can't stand that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collectors suuuuuck. There's someone who literally admits to having over 160 pen pals. I am just horrified by that. There's NO WAY, even if a person had ONE job could write a personal letter to each pen pal, retain knowledge about them, etc.

      Delete